SCOPE OF LEARNING:
- i. Study of total internal reflection in solids & refractive index measurement.
- ii. To determine the mode of laser Beam.
- iii. Determination of Fibre attenuation by cut-back method.
iv. Bending loss determination.
- v. Splice loss determination. Loss at the fiber splice could originate from either or a combination of the following possible misalignments.
a Transverse off set between the fiber ends. b Angular tilt between the fiber ends.
c Longitudinal separation between the fiber end faces.
vi. To determine the numerical aperture of optical fiber.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Optical Bread Board
- Kinematic Laser Mount
- Diode Laser With Power Supply
- Laser Fiber Coupler
- Bending Loss Apparatus
- Fiber Holder with Angular Tilt
- Fiber Chuck Holder
- Optical Fiber Sample
- Pin Hole Photo Detector
- Detector O/P Measurement
- XYZ Translation Stage
- PMMA Rod With Mount
- In-Built DC Regulated Power Supply in Diode Laser
- Power Supply 230V, 50Hz for Diode Laser.
- Instruction Manual.