Wireless Communication Module ForInterfacing With Micro Controllers
• HC-05 is a Bluetooth device used for wireless communication with Bluetooth enabled devices (like smartphone). It communicates with microcontrollers using serial communication (USART).
• As HC-05 Bluetooth module has 3.3 V level for RX/TX and microcontroller can detect 3.3 V level, so, there is no need to shift TX voltage level of HC-05 module. But we need to shift the transmit voltage level from microcontroller to RX of HC-05 module.
• Global Positioning System (GPS) makes use of signals sent by satellites in space and ground stations on Earth to accurately determine its position on Earth. The NEO-6M GPS receiver module uses USART communication to communicate with microcontroller
• It receives information like latitude, longitude, altitude, UTC time, etc. from the satellites in the form of NMEA string. This string needs to be parsed to extract the information that we want to use.
• Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) is digital cellular system used for mobile devices. It is an international standard for mobile which is widely used for long distance communication.
• The GSM/GPRS module uses USART communication to communicate with microcontroller or PC terminal. AT commands are used to configure the module in different modes and to perform various functions like calling, posting data to a site, etc.
• ESP8266 wifi module is low cost standalone wireless transceiver that can be used for endpoint IoT developments.ESP8266 wifi module enables internet connectivity to embedded applications. It uses TCP/UDP communication protocol to connect with server/client.
• To communicate with the ESP8266 wifi module, microcontroller needs to use set of AT commands. Microcontroller communicates with ESP8266-01 wifi module using UART having specified Baud rate
• ZigBee radios are based on IEEE 802.15.4 (technical standard which defines the operation of low-rate wireless personal area networks (LR-WPANs)) standard and it is designed for point to point, star etc. communication over the air.
• ZigBee is an IEEE 802.15.4 based specification for high-level communication protocols used to create personal area networks with low-power digital radios.
FINGER PRINT SENSOR
• Security with biometrics can be done with the help of R305 Fingerprint M odule. This fingerprint sensor module will make adding fingerprint detection and verification super simple. These modules are typically used in safes – there’s a high powered DSP chip that does the image rendering, calculation, feature-finding, and searching. Connect to any microcontroller or system with TTL serial, and send packets of data to take photos, detect prints, hash, and search
• Radio frequency Identification (RFID) is a wireless identification technology that uses radio waves to identify the presence of RFID tags.Just like Bar code reader, RFID technology is used for identification of people, object etc. presence.
• In barcode technology, we need to optically scan the barcode by keeping it in front of reader, whereas in RFID technology we just need to bring RFID tags in range of readers. Also, barcodes can get damaged or unreadable, which is not in the case for most of the RFID.