- Condensation is a phase change heat transfer process occurring in many industrial applications, such as in steam power plants, refrigeration plants etc.
- Thus this is one of the important heat transfer process as present in mechanical and chemical engineering applications.
- The condensation of vapour on a surface is of two types:
1. Drop wise Condensation,
2. Film wise Condensation.
- This setup is designed for determining heat transfer co-efficient of two types of condensation and for visualization of these processes.
- It consists of a vertical frame. Condensation tubes are fitted inside compact glass cylinder. Steam generator is fitted at the backside of the cylinder.
- Steam comes directly from generator to the cylinder.
- Two valves are fitted to control flow rate of water in individual tubes.
- Digital Temperature Indicator monitors the temperatures.
- Pressure gauge and Rotameter can observe steam pressure and cold water flow rates respectively.
- A Digital temperature Controller is provided for controlling the temperature of Steam.
- Water level indicator is provided in steam generator.
- Condensate is measured by a measuring cylinder.
- To study the Film wise & Drop wise condensation of steam on a vertical surface.
- Visualization of condensation process in drop wise as well as film wise condition.